2016 Guthrie Farmer’s & Crafter’s Market
Vendor Application and Agreement
June 4, 2016-September 24, 2016 (8:00 am-12:00 pm)
Guthrie Chamber of Commerce hereinafter referred to as “Market Management” hereby grants,
_____________________________________________________________ (hereinafter called “Vendor”),
permission to use the Farmer’s & Crafter’s Market space, subject to the terms and conditions of this
agreement contained herein and attached below.
Booth spaces are 10’x10’ and rental fees are: $5 per space, per market day.
Payments may be made by cash or check (payable to Guthrie Chamber of Commerce).
Guthrie Farmer’s and Crafter’s Market Guidelines:
1. The Guthrie Farmer’s & Crafter’s Market is located on the northwest corner of Division Street
& Harrison Avenue.
2. Authority over the market rests with the Market Management.
3. All vendors must check-in with the Market Management on the morning of the Market day &
to pay rental fee. Prior year vendors may or may not be in the same location from the
4. If a Vendor will not be at the Market on a specific date, the Vendor must notify Market
Management via phone call &/or email. Out of respect, notice of cancellation should & must
be given within 48 hours of Market Saturday.
5. All vendors will sale 100% locally grown produce and related products. All vendors will
produce & manufacture their own food/products in the State of Oklahoma. Items that do not
grow in Oklahoma, or are not grown here as a specific crop cannot be displayed or sold. The
Oklahoma Department of Agriculture Food & Forestry’s (ODAFF) list of “Specialty Crop Items”
will be used to determine the validity of all items deemed as grown in Oklahoma (this list can
be found on ODAFF’s website). Please note, Market Management has the right to perform an
onsite visit to any location which has been listed as the site for Oklahoma grown produce. If
Market Management decides that said produce is not being grown at such site, the Vendor
will be considered for immediate and permanent removal from the Guthrie Farmer’s &
Crafter’s Market. Please accurately complete the following:
Percentage of product GROWN by YOU in Oklahoma. ______________________
Percentage of product HANDMADE by YOU. ______________________________
Physical address where produce/products are grown/made:
6. Vendors should have a general liability insurance policy in the minimum amount of $100,000.
(This can be from a home owners/renters policy.) This is not required, but it is recommended
for the sole purpose of protecting the vendor.
7. If a Vendor offers a manufactured product for sale, the Vendor must file a copy of the State
Health Department certification. Failure to do so will prohibit the vendor from selling the
product. This includes any possible items you would like to sell that are manufactured by
someone other than yourself.
8. If applicable, vendors are responsible for paying the appropriate sales tax to the Oklahoma
Tax Commission. Information on this process can be found online at oktax.state.ok.us.
9. The Oklahoma State Department of Health and Oklahoma Department of Agriculture have
jurisdiction over sales of manufactured food at all Oklahoma Farmer’s Markets. Vendors must
comply with all applicable requirements to be eligible for participation at the Guthrie
Farmer’s & Crafter’s Market.
10. Vendors must provide their own tables, chairs, change and tents. If you use a tent, please be
aware of the Oklahoma winds and have proper weight attached to your tent to prevent it
from flying away.
11. Vendors can park their vehicles/trailers in the parking lot east of Vision Source (corner of
Wentz & Harrison Avenue).
12. Vendors are responsible for cleaning their areas before leaving the Market each Saturday.
Failure to do so will result in their agreement being terminated.
13. There will be no sharing of space between Vendors.
14. As courtesy to others, our customers will prevail above all disagreements. Vendors must
respect and adhere to all responsible requests issued by Market Management. This includes
requests regarding products offered by sale, signage, safety issues and use of space.
15. The Market will be open on all regular Market Saturday’s unless it is raining or dangerous
weather such as tornados &/or lightning prohibits the operation of the Market. Vendors will
be notified on the Guthrie Farmer’s & Crafter’s Market Facebook page &/or by email.
In consideration of being accepted and allowed to participate in any way in the Guthrie Farmer’s &
Crafter’s Market, the Vendor shall:
1. Agree that prior to participating, the Vendor and Market Management will inspect the facilities
to be used. If either party believes anything to be unsafe, they will immediately advise Market
Management of such condition(s).
2. Assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for damages following any
injury, permanent disability or death.
3. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the Guthrie Chamber of Commerce, its
affiliated clubs, their respective administrators, directors, agents and other employees of the
organizations, or other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if
applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event, all of which are
hereinafter referred to as “releasees” from any and all liability to each of the undersigned, his
or her heirs and next-of-kin for any and all claims, demands, losses, or damages on account of
injury, including the death or damage to property, caused are alleged to be caused in whole or
in part by the negligence of the release or otherwise the undersigned, having read the above
waiver and release, understand that they have given up.
4. Assume responsibility for payment of any applicable sales tax and shall remit taxes to the
Oklahoma State Tax Commission.
I have read and agree with all the above terms, conditions and guidelines. A signed copy of this
agreement must be on file with the Guthrie Chamber of Commerce prior to participation.//